Owning a home comes with having unexpected heating and cooling repairs during the worst of times. If we could plan our furnace repairs, we would have less stress and have more time to choose the right HVAC contractor in Channahon or Minooka IL. Most Air Conditioning Contractors advertise trust, honesty, fair pricing and nowadays these words are just cliché. So I will help you identify the signs that tell you when you are dealing with a dishonest heating and air conditioning contractor in Minooka, IL. This may help my fellow HVAC contractor in Minooka IL stop selling fear, lies and pushing you into an unwanted or unneeded furnace installation.
It is 2:30AM you wake up in a cold bedroom and first check the thermostat, then check the furnace. It is now 3:15AM and you have work in the morning and cannot afford to take a day off work and don’t have a Heating and Cooling contractor that you have previously used. You search on google for furnace repair in Minooka IL and a list of Heating contractors in Minooka IL pops up. Now who do you choose? The one with most reviews? The first to answer the phone? The closest address to your home? Or one that offers 24 hr service?
Owning an HVAC business myself I know some HVAC contractors pay third party companies to help advertise, so the more money spent gets you a higher rank on Google. The reviews are sometimes legitimate and sometimes they are not. Getting reviews is valuable for businesses and gathering them requires us to ask for them. The more money spent on online advertising the easier it is to be the first to show up regardless of the type of work the HVAC company in Minooka IL does. You would think that the reviews would be a perfect judge, but unfortunately it is not. So be aware when going off large number of reviews when choosing your contractor. Yes, you still have no heat and need your heating repaired. Here are the tell tail signs that you are dealing with a HVAC contractor that is all about THEM first and your Comfort last. We actually put your comfort first.
What to listen for from a contractor you don’t know:
- You know your furnace is really old, have you ever thought of getting a new one?
- I found the problem – it will cost $1000 to repair, I can sell you a whole new furnace for $1800!
- I think I found the problem, but once I replace that part another part may fail. I may need to replace the gas valve, furnace control board, and inducer motor.
- I’m not sure I can find parts to repair your old furnace, it may take several weeks to order those parts, might be quicker to get a new one.
- After cleaning and checking your furnace for $59 we found that you have a cracked heat exchanger. I must shut your furnace off for safety reasons. You will be without heat.
- If you are getting a new furnace you are probably better off getting a new air conditioner too.
- I cannot hold this price once I leave your home, it is discounted because I am already here.
These are just a few of the tactics the knuckle head HVAC contractor will use. It is their goal to get as many customers as possible because they are looking at the batting average, more swings is better. So, do not call to schedule an appointment and say “I think I need a new furnace”, that tells the heating contractor that you are ready to buy. Most furnaces are repairable, and most parts are available. So if you think the free Heating repair service is looking out for your best interest, they are not. The free service is always included somewhere in the final price. They are just looking to do the least amount of work for the highest profit. Be careful and read the reviews carefully and listen and ask questions, you are in control. The break down guarantee has fine print, and so does the bogus 15-year labor warranty. This is called the law of averages; how many furnaces are going to breakdown after they have been cleaned. Remember, all heating and air conditioning contractor need to make a profit, but the way some go about doing it is unscrupulous.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!